The Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (COTA) is primarily responsible to the registered occupational therapist that is responsible for the implementation of standards of care for occupational therapy services and for adherence to all conditions outlined in the Service Agreement. The COTA performs only those services planned, delegated, and supervised by the registered occupational therapist.
- Graduate of an occupational therapy assistant curriculum accredited by the American Occupational Therapy Association.
- Certified with the National Certification Examination of the American Occupational Therapy Association
- Licensed by the State Board of Healing Arts in accordance with state licensure laws
- A minimum of one (1) year of clinical experience as a certified occupational therapy assistant
- Possess and maintains current CPR certification
- Experience using technology including: Microsoft Office, Smart Phone, Calendaring, Financial Software platforms (EMR), Wi-Fi, Printers, Internet Browsing